I have frequent email conact with Gilad Atzmon. Gilad is one of the planet’s finest Jazz musicians and heads up a band that is composed of people of many different races and genders. He has been a tireless advocate for speaking the truth to what many people love to call ‘complex’ issues. He now finds himself accused of just about any crime that Zionists can put a name to and the vilification continues at a frightening pace. You can read Gilad’s thoughts etc at his site at http://www.gilad.co.uk/
Being a devout atheist I may have some difficulty in coming to grips with some of his religious propositions from time to time, more out of disinterest then any positive attitude toward any religious beliefs. However, his right and entitlement to put his views must be undoubted and very zealously protected. With the death of dissent comes the death of discussion and reason. Nothing in this world is ever gained from standing by and watching as the elites, the powerful and their stooges conduct their large scale propaganda campaigns to marginalise and divide the population first and then to ruthlessly dominate all areas of thought and reason.
In this situation there is something that he has very recently said in an email response to me. I asked how he was facing the unjust and unreasoned assault as people do their best to have his funding and concerts cancelled. His response is worth considering in a world full of mostly empty words from politicians, the elites and the dishonest intellectuals used to shore up all the existing anti-social structures so painstakingly put in place.
In short he replied “I am alone but not lonely.” That is exactly the type of feeling that those protesting in the Occupy movements all over the planet feel when confronted by their fellow citizens are called all kinds of names while they acting in everyone’s best interests. It is a long and hard road chosen by those who dare dissent and then protest, but it must be done.
George Ikners ikners.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Defense of Gilad Atzmon by Sarah Gillespie (ikners.com)
- Links to Gilad Atzmon’s writings. (ikners.com)
- In Defense of History, and Gilad Atzmon (middleeastatemporal.wordpress.com)
- UNITED AGAINST CULTURAL FASCISM – A LETTER TO EVERY CULTURED PERSON (in the UK) A letter from Gilad Atzmon (ikners.com)
- Book reviews and article re Gilad Atzmon (ikners.com)
- Gilad Atzmon-From Tribalism to Humanism (middleeastatemporal.wordpress.com)
- A book review of Atzmon’s latest (ikners.com)
- Saying No to Alan Dershowitz (richardfalk.wordpress.com)
- Gilad Atzmon on the Israeli media (ikners.com)
- Gilad Atzmon on the American and Obama Tragedy (ikners.com)
- Gilad Atzmon: American Tragedy (ikners.com)