It was not that long ago that a defence paper in order to justify the expenditure of an enormous amount of the Australian people’s money on defence that India was named as a future enemy, along with China. It seems that now all has been forgiven and the win elections at all costs Labor Party has decided that money is more important than their previous deceptions.
But that is what you expect from an unelected government led by an unelected Prime Minister. Prime Minister was able to also identify the Scullin and Chifley governments as as being the hallmark of Labor governance. What both governments really were was no more than politicians dedicated to the ‘national interest’, that is the interests of the monopoly capitalists. As well it was very much the real cementing of the almost total subservience to the US that Labor represents.
That subservience is despite any cost in life as we have ruthlessly followed the US into wars on a worldwide basis. In fact the attitude to Vietnam and conscription would not have come about if it were not a politically expedient course of action. Not only do we give the Atomics Corporation access to our uranium but now it seems the Indians as well. There is really no stopping the money worshipping juggernaut that Labor has become.
We are also about to allow increased numbers of US troops in our north. If you team up with the most hated nation on the planet you can not complain when that same hatred gets directed straight back at you.
It should also not be forgotten that the level of racism in the Labor Party is very substantial. From its inception in 1891 it was the party for what can be described as racial purity and not allowing non Australians to get anything like a fair go wherever possible. The Labor Party has on occasions been very big on talk of racial equality, particularly with the indigenous population. Unfortunately there has never been any real action when it comes to what is an enduring tragedy and a matter of national disgrace.
George Ikners ikners.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- What’s popularity when you’re unelected? Ask Gillard (ikners.com)
- Gillard to outline vision for Labor (news.theage.com.au)
- PM surges in poll, but Labor still trails badly (theage.com.au)
- Rudd backs Gillard for PM – again (news.theage.com.au)
- Remember when Labor was the party of work and welfare? (clubtroppo.com.au)
- With back stabbing, subservience to polls, the truth sacrificed at every turn Gillard is just another example of the ALP as it always has been (ikners.com)
- Labor has ‘lost its story’, but Keating not lost for words (theage.com.au)
- It is November, 2011, and what has become of racism within Australian political parties. (timbtufuga.com)
- Labor hollow, says party candidate (theage.com.au)
- Never, ever: Shorten denies leadership claims (theage.com.au)
- Obama Meets Gillard as Embattled Leaders Shadowed by China (businessweek.com)
- Australia PM vows not to quit amid leadership speculation (huffingtonpost.com)
- PM backs uranium for India (theage.com.au)
- The land downunder a true friend and good guide all at once. (ikners.com)
- Is killing old people coming soon to Australia, look at the US we take everything they do as if it was a message from above (ikners.com)
- Is there No News? (philipbarrington.wordpress.com)