Witnesses told Ma’an that up to 10 shells were fired from the direction of Israeli crossing Nahal Oz to the east of the city throughout the morning.
Medics said three people were transferred to Shifa hospital in Gaza City.
An Israeli army statement said soldiers fired towards “a terrorist squad planting two explosive devices adjacent to the security fence… confirming a hit.”
An Egyptian-brokered truce between Gaza factions and Israeli forces was declared “broken” by Islamic Jihad on Sunday after a 26-year-old member of its armed wing was killed by Israeli forces late Saturday.
The Oct. 30 truce came after Israeli strikes killed 12 people in the Gaza Strip in two days, and Gaza militants fired a volley of rockets and mortars into southern Israel, killing one Israeli in Ashkelon, in the worst flareup on the border in several months.
- Islamic Jihad: Israel ‘broke’ truce (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- Overnight airstrike brings Gaza deaths to 12 (ikners.com)
- Islamic Jihad: Israeli forces hit training camp (cnn.com)
- Israeli air force targets Gaza ‘terror centers’ as violence continues (cnn.com)
- Dead and Wounded an Israeli Bombing of Gaza (socyberty.com)
- Israeli military fires at Gaza militants, wounds 3 (sfgate.com)
- A Palestinian Militants Killed in Israeli Air Raid (socyberty.com)
- Israeli Forces Board Pro-Palestinian Flotilla – Voice of America (news.google.com)
- Protest Boats Approach Gaza Coast – Fox News (news.google.com)
- Islamic Jihad announces Gaza cease-fire – CNN (news.google.com)