In an interview with Ma’an, the MK said the latest violence was a way for Israel to escape its domestic crisis.
Palestinian blood is a way for Israeli political parties to avoid confronting each other, he added.
The Palestinian people have always been an escape route for Netanyahu and the Israeli government when faced with an internal crisis, he noted.
Tibi asked for Palestinian parties to keep the calm, saying that Netanyahu intends to prevent the Palestinian Authority from heading to the UN in September.
Israel is not interested in another Operation Cast Lead, but they intend to maintain tension in the region, he added.
The latest attacks on Gaza will be discussed during a cabinet meeting on Tuesday, Tibi concluded.
- Israeli air strikes on Gaza will go on until rockets cease, orders Netanyahu (guardian.co.uk)
- Israeli air strikes on Gaza will go on until rockets cease, orders Netanyahu – The Guardian (news.google.com)
- 1 Dead, Others Injured as Palestinian Militants Bombard Israel With Rocket Attacks (americandefenseleague.wordpress.com)
- Gaza Strip Militants Link Rocket Attack Halt to Israeli Position (businessweek.com)
- Gaza-Israel violence escalates as diplomats scramble to restore truce (theglobeandmail.com)
- Defiant Israel rejects calls for restraint amid fears of full-blown conflict with Gaza (telegraph.co.uk)
- Gaza militants continue rocket fire (independent.co.uk)
- Gaza militants keep up rocket attacks on southern Israel (ctv.ca)
- Gaza militants keep up rocket fire on Israel (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Hamas Armed Wing Ends Truce with Israel (islamophobiatv.wordpress.com)