Among the petition’s Â signatories were 17 winners of the Israel Prize and other leding intellectuals and artists.
“We are here to welcome the expected announcement of an independent Palestinian state alongside Israel, according to the borders of our independence, fixed during the 1949 armistice,” the petition reads.
The Israeli so-called â€˜Leftistsâ€™ are welcoming the expected Palestinian State as long as the Palestinians stay behind the wall and do not exercise their right of return. The Israeli humanists basically endorse the Palestinian diplomatic initiative so they can keep dwelling on Palestinian land forever. I am not impressed at all.
“The complete end of the occupation is an essential condition of the liberation of the two peoples,” the petition says. Â Someone should remind the Israeli â€˜dovesâ€™ that the whole of Israel is located on historic Palestine.
I would actually expect the Israeli so-called â€˜Leftâ€™ Â to be far more radical, to stand up and say, enough is enough, we are now calling all Palestinians to return to their homes, villages, cities, fields and orchards. Such a declaration would prove for the first time that the Israeli so-called â€˜Leftâ€™ has internalised the real meaning of peace and harmony.
Donâ€™t hold your breath, this is not going to happen soon.
- Yehoshua Sobol: A Palestinian State is Inevitable (israelnationalnews.com)
- Protesters for and Against Palestinian State Clash in Tel Aviv (nytimes.com)
- Protesters for and Against Palestinian State Clash in Tel Aviv – New York Times (news.google.com)
- Israeli intellectuals endorse Palestinian state (telegraph.co.uk)
- Left and right clash at Tel Aviv rally to support Palestinian state – Ha’aretz (news.google.com)
- Palestinians: Right of return non-negotiable – Ynetnews (news.google.com)
- Israeli intellectuals call for Palestinian state based on 1967 line (telegraph.co.uk)
- 47 Israeli intellectuals back Palestinian state (sfgate.com)
- “Israeli Intellectuals for Palestinian Independence” and related posts (sjlendman.blogspot.com)
- Israeli Intellectuals Urge ’67 Borders for Palestinian State (nytimes.com)
- Indymedia UK (antigerman.wordpress.com)
- Vote for us!!! (cifwatch.com)
- Please tell Gilad Shalit and his family that you haven’t forgotten (cifwatch.com)
- Board: make Gilad Shalit your Fifth Son (thejc.com)
- Under the Spell of Israel (attendingtheworld.wordpress.com)
- Israeli Economy For Beginners (attendingtheworld.wordpress.com)
- “Hamas militant killed in Gaza strike was ‘physically’ involved in Gilad Shalit kidnapping” and related posts (sanfranciscosentinel.com)
- Five-Minute Demonstration for Gilad Shalit at 11:00 AM (israelnationalnews.com)
- Gilad Shalit Vigil on 24th February (ldfi.org.uk)
- SMS offers $10 Mln for captive soldier Gilad Shalit (textually.org)